
Leaving Phoenix. The traffic was horrible in Phoenix. No one knows how to drive there. Let's all stay in the left lane and go slow and not allow anyone to pass us. So my drive to L.A. wasn't that bad except I really didn't get much sleep the night before due to a Snooki lookalike. This girl was super annoying and was talking really loud. She also called her dad at 4/5 in the morning asking if he was home. His response which was clearly heard was "You idiot where else would I be?" HAHAHA. She then proceeded to tell him about how she was going to start working at this place doing dialysis and they would on the spot train her. Ummmm yeah I would want someone like that performing dialysis.

Welcome to Cali. My home for the next couple of weeks.

This is the California agricultural check. When Elizabeth and I drove to Vegas from LA last year, we had to pass through this as well. Crazy California. Luckily I got right through.

Look it's a car from NY. I tried to make eye contact with them to show some state pride but dude wasn't having it. Oh well.

City Hall in downtown L.A. Since it seems like everyone wants a flow chart on my friends, here is the backstory about how Elizabeth and I met. Berlin Summer 2005- Law school study abroad. No one from Touro wanted a roommate and I didn't want to shell out the extra money to have a single. I decided to see if this girl from Tennessee wanted to be my roomie. She did and here we are 5 years later. There's the background story. We also had another roommate. This dude Jim who wanted to marry a German girl but wound up marrying a Romanian chick. That's another tale.

Elizabeth and I at the Redwood in downtown L.A. I was exhausted. Had 2 beers and almost passed out.

Adam, Heena and Elizabeth intently trying to figure out the main character in some book.

My first trip to the Red Robin. Gross. Never again!!! Heena and Me.

D-Rich and E.K.

I had an appointment on Friday in Burbank. My GPS led me right past Warner Bros studio. Hotness!!!!

The little sign says Little Armenia. Elizabeth lives in Los Feliz which is on the border of Little Armenia and Thai Town.

Hollywood Blvd.

The long flight of stairs leading to the Frank Lloyd Wright house at the end of Elizabeth's block.

The Frank Lloyd Wright house. It wasn't open when we went.

The Hollywood sign in the distance and the Griffith Observatory.

We went for a walk on Saturday morning and didn't bring an umbrella. Duh!!!!

Heavy traffic on a Saturday afternoon.

We went to the Happy Endings bar on Saturday afternoon so I could watch the Men's Curling Final. This sign was there taunting me. Mets 2010.


Shuman came out to see us. Elizabeth, me, Shuman.

The bartenders put me to work behind the bar. I'm reaching for the Patron. Nothing but the good stuff.

I think I have found my new profession.

Not really sure where the actual bartender got the marshmallow from but he put it on my beer. So sweet.


Not only did I get to go behind the bar but I also got to spin the wheel. My spin was some gross drink which we didn't even order.

I guess I shouldn't have felt too special since they allowed the dog to spin as well.

We wound up at Mexico City for dinner. Real good. Couldn't finish my margarita so we took it go. FYI- back in NY a week from Monday for 11 days.
Are you sure you weren't really taking a picture of the Size Matters billboard, instead of some small sign no one can see in the picture???
ReplyDelete