Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Boone, NC for P-Groove

On Tuesday (4-20) at 1:30 am, I departed LA for 2 weeks to go to Knoxville and Charleston. Those cities were the primary destinations. Knoxville to hang out with KFish for the week before her nuptials and Charleston the destination for the wedding. I landed in Memphis at 7:30 am Central Time. I changed planes and landed in Knoxville at 11 am Eastern. KFish picked me up and we got BBQ. yum. I went back to the house with the good intention of napping because that night we were heading to Boone, NC to see a Perpetual Groove show. (Please refer to one of my earlier posts regarding PGroove) I decided to turn on the TV to fall asleep to. Well that was a mistake. (Un)Fortunately there was a 16 and pregnant marathon on. I couldn't turn away from it for 6 hours and even when Tip was like we have to go to the show, I was mad I couldn't finish watching the one show. Dang. So no sleep for me. We picked up KFish and drove 3 hours to Boone, NC. It was a pretty awesome little town. Stayed at the Hampton Inn. The venue we went to see the show at was on campus (ASU- not Arizona but Appalacian), therefore they didn't serve alcohol but you could bring your own 6 pack. Also the venue was in an old Winn Dixie. Pretty cool.
The Hippies (I mean the college kids) waiting for the show.
KFish's Jescoe cozee along with our punch card that we got for our 6 packs. Also, when I got carded walking in the door, the doorguy who must have been all of 18 or 19 was from Long Island. So I got sucked into a convo (but not really cuz I love talking about LI- haha)
Where we dropped off our 6 packs.
"Backstage" at the show.
KFish and I with the band behind us.
The happy couple. Tip and Kristen.
The crowd wanting more. Encore. Encore.
I was watching some of the Suns game near this side of the stage so I decided to take a picture. They last longer you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment