
Downtown Memphis during the day. The FedEx Forum is where the Grizzlies play. I just enjoy the sign which states it's a no cruising zone. I went back to downtown Memphis on my ride to Tulsa because I didnt really get to see Beale Street the night before. Here are some highlights of me cruising along Beale Street. Luckily it was during the day and therefore not illegal.

Beale Street. Walking in Memphis has been one song I have not heard yet on the trip. I should have thought ahead and put that song on a CD so I could blast it while driving in Memphis.


OMG!!! Can it be? It's the great Mississippi River. When I crossed the river, I was super excited. I had to call different people to tell them. I'm sure they probably thought I was crazy but I did get to speak to Lauren for the first time in a month.

The sign which tells you what river you are crossing.

I crossed the Arkansas border as well as the Mississippi River. So it was my first time in Arkansas. I have to say I just basically drove through (with a stop at Wendy's and to fill up my gas tank) but I thought that Arkansas was really pretty. There are lots of lakes along I-40. I kinda want to go back and explore on another trip.

So bear with me, I messed up with uploading the pictures. The Hoppy Lockhart Welcome Center was in Oklahoma therefore the Oklahoma Welcome sign should be first but you get the drift. I did have a good picture of the Welcome to Oklahoma sign which I didn't upload but once the trip is done, I will send out all the pictures. The picture below is just a sign which shows the state and it's major roads.

The drive from Memphis to Tulsa took me about 5 and half hours. I arrived at Annie and Mitchell's before they did but it was cool since Annie sent me a text saying how to break into the house, and to please let the dogs out but watch out for the tan one. So I hung out with Lexie and Zoe, the pugs, and watched TV. Then Mitchell and Annie arrived home and we went off to the White Owl.

On the way to the White Owl, we passed this statute which is outside the Convention Center or where they hold the fair. (I really was listening Annie, I just don't remember).

So at the White Owl, there was a little mishap with the ketchup.

Ketchup Ketchup everywhere. It kinda looks like Annie's bleeding (not really).

Me, Annie and Mitchell chilling at the bar. We got to see Shaun White destroy the competition in the half pipe. It was sweet.

Little story and/or note to selves. When in OK, domestic beers like the Bud Light you see above are 3 point beers (they only have 3% alcohol). So you should avoid although I didn't as it was near the end of the night and I like Bud Lights.

Brandon Flowers has a night job as the bartender at the White Owl. Of course, I needed to take a picture with him. Right after we took the picture, he says to me "I don't always have this mustache." My response, "Ummm the mustache is the reason why I wanted to take the picture. Besides you look like the guy from the Killers." Ha!

Zoe, Mitchell, Annie and Lexie. Thanks guys for letting me crash and taking me out in Tulsa. I had a great time. I left Tulsa this morning around 10 am Central time and arrived in Albuqueque, N.M. at 7 pm Mountain time. So about 10 hours of driving. I am beat. Tomorrow I am heading to Phoenix (Tempe) AZ to see Jennifer. I blame my fatigue for any errors in grammar. Night all!
Glad you had fun with my fam!!! My nieces are so adorable! Wish I could have been there with you!
ReplyDelete